I heart eggs. They are a big reason I have never considered going vegan. I am pretty sure I could exist on eggs. My boyfriend has chastised me in the past for trying to exist on them. I love them and all of the yummy things they can make.
Omelette’s are a go to fav of mine. I read somewhere about making eggs in a waffle maker and I happen to have a waffle maker so I was excited to try this and it turned out magical! I don’t know what it is about cooking them in the waffle maker but the texture and taste was different, in a great way! And they cooked so fast. I highly recommend you try this asap.
I made mine with dill and Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage (if you’re a vegetarian go to Whole Foods and buy these! They are my favorite thing ever!). Once I topped them with fresh diced tomatoes and shredded cheddar and once with salsa. You can mix in anything you would normally mix in an omelette and top them also with anything.
I used 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, so 1.5 reds. Seasoning is free, this small of an amount of diced tomatoes or salsa I consider free as well. Cheese, sad face, not free, 1 blue. My sausage (which I grind in my Vitamix) is 1 more red.
21 Day Fix Container Values:
(basic omelette recipe not counting add ins)
free: seasonings, small amount of tomatoes for topping, salsa for topping)
21 Day Fix Clean Eating Waffle Maker Omelette Recipe
Serves 1 serving
5 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
8 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- seasonings of your choice
- veggies of your choice
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Spray coconut oil onto 2 areas of waffle maker and preheat.
- Mix together 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites with seasonings of your choice and any veggies or meats you want to add.
- When waffle maker is heated up slowly pour egg mixture into 2 areas of the waffle maker.
- There inevitabley will be some spill over so have paper towel handy.
- If your waffle maker has a handle lock, use it.
- The eggs will make a squealing noise while cooking and once they stop making that noise, they are done - about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove egg waffles from maker with a fork and wipe down machine.
- Top with anything you like!