It’s another of the recipes I made for Mr. C! I make him a lot of chicken because it’s cheap, easy and healthy. And there’s a million things you can do with it.Back when I ate meat, chicken was my favorite and I know I would have loved this dish. Garlic makes everything better.
This recipe literally could not get any easier. You’ve got to love that! I paired it with green beans and rice for the fella but it could go with any veggie really, and you could use couscous, quinoa, bulgar or any other grain you like.
This dish smells like heaven. Since I didn’t eat it, smells is what I have! It makes the whole house smell of delightful roasted garlic.
Since I didn’t eat it and cannot tell you what it tasted like, let’s ask Mr. C:
“The chicken was great but what really made is fantastic are the sides. The beans had great spice and the rice with the roasted garlic in it was filling. “
Let’s welcome back the Mr.C rating scale!
This 21 Day Fix Garlic Chicken gets……………………….. 3out of 5!
21 Day Fix Garlic Chicken Container Counts:
Red: 1 (chicken)
teaspoons: 2 (olive oil)
If serving with rice + green beans add:
green: 1 (green beans)
yellow: 1 (rice)
Serves 4 servings
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 4 oz chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10-15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (1 tsp dried)
- salt + pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice (optional)
- 4 cups green beans (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt + pepper on both sides, place in 8x8 baking dish.
- Place all garlic cloves on chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with parsley and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Cook rice.
- Toss green beans in bowl with olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic, spread on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip beans around, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and garlic over 1/2 cup cooked rice and serve with 1 cup