It wasn’t that long ago that I HATED tofu. It’s tricky to make right and not many restaurants near me serves it. I had tried only a few times to make it and I flubbed it up big time! Recently, I have been cooking it more and think I finally have it figured out!
The one thing that is making the biggest difference is The EZ Tofu Press that I got for Christmas! This thing is for sure a necessity for making tofu. It’s not a complicated idea. It slowly squishes the water out of the tofu. Instead of stacking 17 books on top of a smooshy block of tofu, I now have this compact little guy to do the work. If you make tofu, buy this. Now.
If I had to pick one herb to have with me on a desert island it would be dill. Oh dill, why are you so delicious? It smells awesome, it’s super easy to cook with, it’s cheap and it tastes like fun. Other herbs are very serious but dill is fun. Now add lemon and garlic to this and I am in!
This recipe is easy peasy. While the tofu is pan frying, whip up the sauce in a food processor (I used my Vitamix) and you’re done! I had this over some pearled barley but you could do brown rice, couscous, sweet potato or quinoa.
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Red: 1 (Tofu)
Free: Nutritional yeast, dill, garlic, lemon juice & tahini
tsp: 2 coconut oil, olive oil
Personal Preference Disclaimer: I’d like to add that I do not cook 21 Day Fix recipes incredibly militantly. I use common sense and practicality while being as healthy as I can.
Serves 4 servings
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3.4 cup fresh dill
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium/high heat.
- Once tofu is pressed and sliced thin, place the tofu in, making sure not to overlap.
- Cook for 4 minutes on this side.
- While tofu is cooking put all sauce ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and power on until blended.
- Flip tofu and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Be careful to monitor your heat for burning since the thickness you cut to will effect cooking temps and times. Cover in sauce