I love eggs. They are why I am not vegan – well them and cheese, mmmmm cheese. I love when eggs and cheese come together and make a super creamy delightful experience for my taste buds. This is that. Promise.
I used the zesty, full of good-for-you spinach, pesto recipe that I shared here. This pesto is incredible because each 1 tbsp serving has a ton of spinach in it.
Frittatas are an excellent thing to whip up on a Sunday and have for the week. Pieces are easy to heat up and travel well. And when you heat up this frittata at work, the herby pesto aroma travels about and everyone is automatically jealous of your lunch.
21 Day Fix Spinach Pesto Frittata Container Count
green: 1 (spinach & tomatoes)
red: 1 (2 eggs)
tsp: 2 (olive oil)
Serves 4 servings
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup spinach pesto
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the salt + pepper and pesto. Whisk.
- Heat olive oil in pan ,over medium heat, until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- Place tomatoes evenly around pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- When edges of egg begin to set, about 2-3 minutes, transfer pan to oven.
- Bake until the center is puffed up and set, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces.