What do you get when you combine 2 of my favorite things? Taco’s AND Pizza! Taco Pizza! AND it’s healthy! This is a win/win/win people. I am pretty much thinking about pizza at almost any given time of the day. No joke. It’s my favorite thing ever. Little Caesars Hot & Ready pizza is literally my favorite food. And who doesn’t love tacos and Mexican things in general? So to combine these two foods into one super food is genius and I am glad I happened into this idea.
I used a Flat Out pita, but you could use any pita I suppose. I like the size and shape of the Flat Out for a pizza better than a smaller thinker, more traditional pita. I also used canned pizza sauce, which I know is higher in sodium, but I already had it and I don’t like to waste food. You can get fancy and make your own if it’s that important to you. I used Boca Crumbles, but you could easily make this with ground beef, chicken or turkey – whatever you crazy carnivores are eating these days. I’m not counting my pizza sauce since I’m only using 2 tbsp and I’m also not counting the banana peppers since it’s only about 1/4 of a green container.
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Red: 1 (Boca Crumbles)
Blue: 1 (3/4 mozzarella cheese, 1/4 crumbled goat cheese)
Yellow: 1 (Flat Out Pita)
free: pizza sauce (it’s only 2 tbsp), banana peppers (again, it’s like 1/4 of a green), spices for taco seasoning
Serves 1 serving
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Flat Out Pita (whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese (3/4 blue worth)
- crumbled goat cheese (1/4 blue worth)
- Boca Crumbles, 1/2 cup
- Taco Seasonings (I make my own)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay pita on parchment paper over a cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly, avoiding the edges.
- Cook Crumbles (or ground meat).
- Add 3 tbsp water and taco seasoning. Cook until water has evaporated.
- Sprinkle cheeses over sauce.
- Sprinkle crumbles over cheese.
- Lay banana peppers, or other veggies, over crumbles.
- Cooke for 15 minutes, or until edges of pita are brown.