Fried rice is a guilty pleasure of mine. Carbs + egg = my heaven. I am an embarrasment at Chinese restaurants when I order fried rice, or any dish that has egg (I’m looking at you Thai food), because I literally want a dozen eggs scrambled up in my dinner. The server never believes me though and I get a very standard amount of egg. So I’ve taken to telling them I want more egg than they’ve used and that I will pay extra for it. That usually gets me extra egg but I have not gotten close to what I actually want. Love eggs.
So now I am eating clean and fried rice isn’t exactly fitting the bill. So I whipped up a healthy version here, and restrained myself at using just the 2 eggs. This meal was incredibly filling and so tasty! My newest find, Braggs Liquid Aminos, really came through for me. It’s a healthier version of soy sauce with a ton less sodium. I highly recommend trying it. Enjoy this 21 Day Fix Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe!
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Red: 1 (2 eggs)
Green: 2 (1 carrot + 1/2 pepper + 1/2 re onion)
Yellow: 2 (2 servings brown rice)
free: garlic, seasonings, minced garlic, Braggs Liquid Aminos
Serves 1 serving
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 carrot, chooped
- 1/2 pepper (red, orange or yellow) chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Saute carrot, pepper & garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Push rice & veggie mix to one side of pan and crack 2 eggs into pan. Scramble in pan until cooked.
- Mix with rice & veggies, breaking up all egg clumps.
- Serve with Braggs Liquid Aminos, to taste (2 tsp)