No method of eating that I ever partake in will prevent me from having cookies. Ever. Take that as a challenge clean eating world! As I dive deep into the 21 Day Fix, I find myself craving some normal-ish treats. I am a cookie monster and clean eating can’t hold me back from figuring out a way to have some delicious cookies! I found this recipe on-line and tweaked it so it was a bit more flavorful and sweet, while still being clean and 21 Day Fix approved.
I give to you: Banana Oat Jam Cookies!
These suckers were good! The oats made them substantial, the banana made them creamy and the smashed up and sautéed fruit made them tart and sweet. Perfection in a clean cookie! Oh and the best thing about this recipe?! You get to have ALL 4 COOKIES IN 1 SERVING!
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Yellow: 1 (oats)
Purple: 1 (8 raspberries + 1/2 banana)
Teaspoons: 3 (2 tsp PB, 1 tsp honey)
free: stevia, salt + vanilla
Step 1: mash up 1/2 banana
Step 2: mix in 1/4 cup uncooked Old Fashioned (rolled) oats, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp stevia and a dash of salt
Step 3: Form into 4 cookies and make a well on top for your “jam”
Step 4: Choose your fruit (you don’t need a lot) and saute and smash in pan, add a dash of honey
Smash and heat until broken down
Just baked cookies, spoon “jam” into centers and let sit for 5 minutes
Serves 1 serving
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- 2 tsp Natural Peanut Butter
- dash of salt
- 8 raspberries (or other fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash up 1/2 banana.
- Add oats, stevia, vanilla, peanut butter and salt. Stir.
- Make into 4 cookies with well in the center for "jam".
- Bake for 20 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Place berries in pan on low heat. Smash up with fork and cook until broken down and liquid-y.
- Add honey to fruit and mix.
- Spoon "jam" into cookie wells and let sit for 5 minutes to set.