Chickpea Nicoise Salad. It’s so much more than that though. Traditional ingredients like potatoes and green beans are here and the delicious balsamic dressing, but not tuna, chickpeas instead! Chickpea Salad Stuffed Roasted Red Peppers over Veggies and Potatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Let’s break this down: chickpeas are great for protein, roasted peppers are delicious, veggies are filling, potatoes are amazing and balsamic vinaigrette makes everything taste better. And to make these even better, I put half a head of roasted garlic in the chickpea salad too.
This salad is a rendition of one in the Fitgirls 28 Day Jumpstart. They have some incredible recipes in that guide and I recommend it!
You could use any veggies you like in the bottom salad. I chose green beans and tomatoes. Let’s make this Chickpea Nicoise Salad!
Yields 4 servings
40 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 red peppers
- 8tbsp guacamole
- 4tbsp hummus
- fresh parsley
- 2.5 cups little potatoes
- raw veggies, chopped (I used green beans and cherry tomatoes)
- 4tsp olive oil
- 4tsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds
- Spray them with cooking oil and sprinkle garlic powder on them
- Roast for 20 minutes - let cool for at least 10 minutes when done
- While the peppers are roasting, roast a head of garlic
- Dump the chickpeas in a bowl and smash up
- Add the guac, hummus, as much parsley as you like and half the roasted garlic - stir really good
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients
- Cut the peppers in half, length ways, and stuff with 1/4 of the chickpea mixture
- To a plate, add some lettuce, veggies of your choice, and 1/4 of the potatoes.
- Place one 1/2 pepper filled with chickpea salad on top of the salad and pour dressing over bottom salad mainly and a little on the chickpea salad