Eggs. I can’t get enough of them. I have been scolded by my boyfriend for eating too many. I’m sorry, there is no such thing. My cholesterol is good, and I love eggs. There. Also, they are cheap! Yay!
What’s better than an egg? Egg salad! Eggs + mayo = heaven. Alas, mayo plays no part in a weight loss journey. Sad face. Well, it does, in moderation, but we all know that the quantity of mayo in egg salad cannot be considered moderation. So when I came across this recipe for an egg salad made with greek yogurt claiming to be amazing I had to try this. And I am SO glad I did. This recipe also uses one of my other top 10 ingredients, dill!
As you can see from my photo, peeling hard boiled eggs in not a talent of mine. Good thing that egg salad doesn’t call for perfectly shaped eggs 🙂
I switched up a couple of things to make this more suited for my tastes and what I had on hand and I urge you to make this A.S.A.P.!
I made mine into a sandwich using a sandwich thin (100 calories) and a couple tomato slices, but you could also eat it on it’s own, over lettuce or with even more tomatoes.
- 8 eggs, boiled + peeled
- 1/3 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard (I used spicy) any kind will work
- 1.5 tsp dried dill
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt / sea salt
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- Cut the eggs in half, and pulse in a food processor until they are crumbly. Be careful not to make egg soup. You could also chop up with a knife. In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, mayo, dill, green onions and salt. Add the eggs to the mix and fold in lightly. Ta-da!
This recipe was adapted from a recipe on The Yummy Life