I loooooove me some Mexican food! It usually don’t have a place when eating well. Until you switch around your thinking, that is. This quinoa dish is easy, cheap and delicious. It’s also an approved 21 Day Fix vegetarian recipe! I like to make it and eat as tacos with a little bit of Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and some salsa to jazz it up even more. It’s incredibly filling and makes a great leftover lunch!
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Red: 2 (quinoa + recipe crumbles)
Purple: 1 (salsa)
Green: 1 (onion + pepper)
Blue: 1 (cheese)
free: lime juice, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic + cilantro
If you do like I did and use it as a taco filling you’re looking at 1 yellow too for 2 corn tortillas. I didn’t count the tbsp of Greek yogurt and salsa.
Serves 6 servings
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 package Boca Recipe Crumbles
- 2 cups tomato sauce (homemade if possible)
- 1 chopped pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 1/2 chopped red onion (white onion would work too)
- 4 blue containers of shredded cheese
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Saute onion & garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent (3 minutes).
- Add the Boca Crumbles. Cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers.
- Add the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and cilantro. Stir.
- Remove pan from heat and add quinoa to veggie mixture. Stir.
- Pour tomato sauce into pan and stir.
- Add 1 containers worth of cheese and stir.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9x13 pan, even with spatula.
- Sprinkle with all remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes (until cheese is melted and edges are brown).