Muffins! Who doesn’t love muffins?!
These muffins are easy and moist (sorry, I know a LOT of people hate the ‘M’ word). The only tricky ingredient is the almond flour but if you have a grocery store that sells Bobs Red Mill or a sufficient grinder (make it yourself!) you’ll be all set!
This recipe first came from Autumn Calabrese! I made an adjustment or two because the 1st time I made them they were way too moist. She counts them as a treat and, as the founder of the 21 Day Fix, she’s kind of an expert. Lol. BUT I’m going to count these as 1/2 blue, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 purple (if any purple at all really).
BE WARNED: Some people have trouble with this recipe coming out very dry. I can’t say why. When I make it, following this exact recipe, they are very moist.
21 Day Fix Blueberry Muffins Container Counts:
1/2 blue: (almond flour)
**1 purple: (blueberries & bananas) ** however there is less than half a purples worth of blueberries and bananas in each muffin **
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bananas, mashed (about 1.5 bananas)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil and eggs.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in the bananas and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide equally into lined muffin pans (makes 9).
- Bake for 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly dry.