Roasted garlic is my friend. I think I will be adding it pretty much everything from now on. This recipe calls for 1/2 head of roasted garlic, but if you LOVE garlic, you may want to do more. Next time I make this, I’ll be using the whole head. This Roasted Garlic Polenta with Eggs is easy and affordable and packed with so much flavor!
Polenta is already a creamy and delicious food. By adding the ricotta it becomes magical and uber creamy. Don’t skip this. You’ll regret it.
You could also add some sauteed tomatoes and onion over the top of this dish as well.
You could also replace the eggs with pretty much any other protein of your choice. I do really enjoy the fried eggs though. The yolks mixed into the polenta adds even more creaminess and flavor.
Let’s make it!
50 minTotal Time
- 1 cup dry polenta (or cornmeal)
- 4.5 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
- head of garlic
- 2tsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Roast a whole head of garlic with 2tsp olive oil (I have a cast iron garlic roaster but you can also just pop it in some foil with 2tsp olive oil) Be sure you flip the garlic over half way through - about 35 min.
- Bring the broth to a simmer
- slowly add dry polenta to broth, stirring the whole time
- Stir the polenta frequently, until it thickens, about 40 minutes
- Add the ricotta to the polenta as soon as it gets thick
- Squeeze out half of the roasted garlic from the head
- Smash up the garlic, turning it into a paste
- Stir the roasted garlic paste into the polenta
- Stir in your basil
- Fry 2 eggs
- Place eggs on top of polenta, burst open the yolks and stir up