Just because you’re trying to eat cleaner and healthier doesn’t mean you can’t have comfort food. This dish is a case in point. Filling and carbilicious pasta shells and creamy delicious cheese. Enter, these Skinny Stuffed Shells!
We’re making this healthier by limiting the serving size and using low fat / fat free cheeses. I had this for dinner after photographing it, and I can tell you, the serving size is plenty – I was full!
Ready? Let’s make them!
Serves 4 Shells
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1.5 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- .5 cup fat-free shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 Jumbo Shells (pasta)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Cook the pasta shells according to the instruction on your package.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse and let the shells cool and dry completely - you don't want them wet at all when filling.
- Mix the cheeses, egg and spices together in a bowl.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.
- Stuff 1-2 tbsp of cheese filling into each shell.
- Place shells on top of pasta sauce.
- When all shells are stuffed and in pan, cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more cheese (optional) and fresh basil.