I’m constantly craving food that is packed with flavor but also healthy and light on the waistline. This combo is often hard to figure out if the tastes you love, like me, are fat and sugar. I’m on to something with these Vegetarian Black Bean Taquitos though. They are super flavorful with Mexican taco seasoning, packed with protein thanks to the black beans and pretty healthy.
Another perk to this recipe is how few ingredients it has and how quickly you can make it. To keep these taquitos clean, I recommend using a homemade taco seasoning instead of prepackaged ones loaded with sodium. I make the taco seasoning from the 21 Day Fix guide because it’s really taco-y and quite simple:
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
This recipe is 9 Weight Watchers Smart Points.
Let’s make Vegetarian Black Bean Taquitos!
Serves 2 Taquitos
2 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1 cans of black beans, no salt added
- 8oz guacamole
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Taco seasoning (homemade is best)
- 10 small flour tortillas
- non-stick spray
- salsa for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, mix together beans, taco seasoning and guacamole until smooth.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of bean mixture in the center of a tortilla (keep it away from the edges - when baking the filling will spread out towards the ends)
- Sprinkle with s small bit of cheese.
- Roll tortillas tightly.
- Place on baking sheet, seam side down.
- Spray with non-stick spray and lightly season with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa (and/or sour cream) for dipping.