Now that the weather in Michigan is getting cold, I find myself craving comfort foods that are hearty and filling. What better to satisfy that with a Mexican pasta?! Welcome to my twist on Weight Watchers Huevos Rancheros Pasta!
This recipe is SO easy to whip up! It’s also pretty inexpensive as well – these are 2 things that are mega important to me. I like using different pasta shapes whenever I can and for this one I used Casarecce, but you could honestly use anything. Next time I think I’d try something like a Penne or a Cavatelli.
This dish has loads of protein with the egg and beans and really is very satisfying and filling. The runny yolks of the sunny side up eggs melt into the dish and mix with the salsa to create a really decadent tasting sauce. At 10 points, it’s not what I would call low on the WW points so you can feel confident that these 10 points will fill you up!
(Because I LOVE eggs, you’ll see in my photos that I had 2 eggs in my bowl – this obviously ups the WW Points)
Let’s make Weight Watchers Huevos Racheros Pasta!
This recipe is 10 Weight Watchers Smart Points
Serves 6 servings
15 minTotal Time
- 12z pasta
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 eggs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Chop up the green onions and set aside
- In the last 2 minutes of boiling the pasts, add the corn and beans
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water
- Drain pasta, bean & corn and put back into pan
- Add about 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir
- Add salsa, cheese and green onions - stir to combine
- Top with an egg and break yolk to incorporate into pasta