There’s 2 kinds of people: those who prefer Kraft Macaroni & Cheese and those who prefer real homemade, baked Macaroni & Cheese. I am the latter. Kraft has it’s place in a “I’m broke and lazy” moment, but the real deal is 100% more delicious, every single time. So the dilemma comes in when you’re trying to eat healthy and lose weight. How do you still eat the carbs of pasta and the fat of cheese? Add veggies! This Weight Watchers Veggie Mac & Cheese gives you the healthy dish you need and the noodley cheesy dish you want.
This recipe healthifies the Mac & Cheese by adding veggies. I’ve added peppers and corn but you could add anything you like really. Cauliflower is always a good veggie to add to Mac & Cheese as is broccoli. I recommend you start here with peppers and corn first though, to taste it as planned.
Let’s make some Weight Watchers Veggie Mac & Cheese!
This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per 1.5 cups
Serves 6 servings
40 minTotal Time
- 3 cups (cooked) elbow macaroni - I used Barilla ProteinPlus Elbows
- 1.5 cups low fat colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups fat free milk
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 can yellow corn, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions
- Saute the diced veggies together in a skillet
- Add pasta to skillet with veggies, stir
- Add milk and 1 cup of cheese to the skillet, stir well until combined
- Spread macaroni mixture into a 13x9 pan
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes